Apply Turkey Visa Online From Afghanistan
Online Visa to Travel to Turkey from Afghanistan
Table of Contents
Do Afghan Citizens Need a Visa to Visit Turkey ?
Yes, Afghan citizens need a visa to enter Turkey. However, the process for obtaining a visa has been made easier with the introduction of the Turkey e-Visa system.
Instead of obtaining a traditional visa from an embassy or consulate, Afghan citizens can apply for an electronic travel authorization known as the e-Visa.
It’s important to note that the e-Visa is valid for single entry and allows a stay of up to 30 days within a 180-day period.
Turkey Visa for Afghan Citizens - All Information
Certainly! Here is comprehensive information about the Turkey visa for Afghan.
The e-Visa can be obtained by completing an online application, providing necessary personal and travel information, and paying the required fee. Once approved, the e-Visa is sent via email and allows Afghan Citizens to enter Turkey for tourism or business purposes.
- Visa Requirements: Afghan Citizens are required to obtain a visa to visit Turkey. They have the option to apply for a Turkey e-Visa, which is an electronic travel authorization.
- Turkey e-Visa: The Turkey e-Visa allows Afghan Citizens to enter Turkey for tourism, business, or medical purposes. It is a convenient and fast way to obtain a visa without visiting a Turkish embassy or consulate.
- Application Process: Afghan Citizens can apply for a Turkey e-Visa by completing the online application form available on the official website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs or through their mobile application.
- Required Documents: The documents typically required for a Turkey e-Visa for Afghan include a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond the intended stay, a digital copy of a recent passport-sized photograph, travel itinerary or flight reservations, accommodation details (hotel reservations or a letter of invitation), proof of financial means, and a valid email address for receiving the e-Visa.
Afghan Citizens can prove that they hold a return ticket, hotel reservation and at least 50 $ per each day of stay.
Afghan Citizens have a valid Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland). E-visas are not accepted as supporting documents.
Afghan passport covers the period that I will be staying in Turkey.
Travelling for the purposes of tourism or business.
- Processing Time: The processing time for a Turkey e-Visa for Afghan Citizens is usually short. In most cases, the e-Visa is issued within minutes or a few hours after submitting the application and making the payment.
- Visa Validity: The Turkey e-Visa for Afghan Citizens is typically valid for single entry and allows a stay of up to 30 days within a 180-day period. The validity period starts from the date of issuance.
- Additional Entry Requirements: Afghan Citizens should stay updated on the latest entry requirements for Turkey, including health-related requirements such as COVID-19 testing or vaccination certificates. It is advised to consult the official website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs or contact the nearest Turkish embassy or consulate for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Printed or Electronic Visa: It is recommended for Afghan Citizens to carry a printed copy of their e-Visa when travelling to Turkey. However, displaying the electronic version on a smartphone or other mobile devices is also accepted at immigration checkpoints.
- Purpose of Visit: The Turkey e-Visa is specifically issued for tourism, business, or medical purposes. Afghan Citizens intending to visit Turkey for other purposes, such as study, employment, or long-term residency, should explore other visa options and follow the necessary application procedures as outlined by the Turkish authorities or consult with the nearest Turkish embassy or consulate.
- e-Visa Application Process for Afghan Citizens: Afghan Citizens can apply for a Turkey e-Visa by completing the online application form available on apply Turkey e-visa page.
Please note that visa requirements and regulations can change over time, so it is essential for Afghan Citizens to verify the most recent information and follow the official guidelines provided by the Turkish authorities or consult with the nearest Turkish embassy or consulate.
How to Apply Turkey Visa Online From Afghan
Finally, the visa application! Now that you have gathered all the documents you need, let’s get started:
Applying for a Turkey visa doesn’t have to be long, tedious processing and struggling with government portals. Luckily, we are here to help you simplify the Turkey e-Visa application process. With real time notifications and a very efficient and easy payment process once you apply.
The Turkey e-Visa form is very simple and easy to apply, and does not require any technical skills from you.
All you have to do is enter the information asked in the form and enter the correct passport details. Then, pay the Turkey visa fee online and your application will be verified and processed by one of our Turkey e-Visa specialists and your Turkey visa will be sent to your email.
Click here to apply your Turkey Visa online from Afghanistan.
You can show the Turkey visa you received in your email or take a print out of your visa to show at the airport.
What Are The Types Of Visas For Turkey ?
Turkey offers several types of visas depending on the purpose and duration of the visit. The main types of visas for Turkey include:
- Tourist Visa: This visa is suitable for individuals who plan to visit Turkey for tourism purposes, such as sightseeing, visiting historical sites, or enjoying vacation activities. It is valid for a specific period and allows a stay of up to 30 days within a 180-day period.
- Business Visa: The business visa is designed for individuals who intend to visit Turkey for business-related activities, such as attending meetings, conferences, or exploring business opportunities. It allows a stay of up to 30 days within a 180-day period.
- Student Visa: Students who wish to pursue studies in Turkey need to obtain a student visa. This visa is issued to individuals who have been accepted into a recognized educational institution in Turkey. It allows for a longer stay and is usually valid for the duration of the study program.
- Work Visa: Individuals who have secured employment in Turkey need to obtain a work visa. This visa is granted to foreigners who have a valid job offer from a Turkish employer. It allows for an extended stay and is usually valid for the duration of the employment contract.
- Residence Permit: A residence permit is required for individuals who plan to stay in Turkey for an extended period, usually beyond 30 days. It is issued to individuals who wish to live, work, study, or establish a business in Turkey. Residence permits have various categories depending on the purpose of stay.
- Diplomatic and Official Visas: These visas are issued to diplomats, government officials, and members of international organisations who are visiting Turkey for official purposes.
E-visa shall not be valid for purposes other than touristic and commercial trips.Visa applications such as work, study, etc. must be made via foreign missions of Turkey.
Documents Required for Applying Turkey Visa from Afghan
Before starting your application process, ensure you have gathered all the required documents. Here are the documents you’ll need:
- Original Passport: Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Turkey, and it should have a minimum of two blank pages.
- Biometric Photographs: Provide two recent passport-size photographs (5x6cm) with a white background, taken within the last 6 months.
- Supporting Document: Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland). E-visas are not accepted as supporting documents.
- Valid Residence Permit: If applicable, you must possess a valid residence permit for a minimum of 6 months starting from the application date. Provide a photocopy of your residence permit, visa, and Emirates ID.
- Travel Documentation: This includes round-trip flight tickets. It is advisable not to confirm your flight ticket until after obtaining the visa.
- Proof of Address Accommodation: Provide proof of accommodation, such as a hotel reservation. It is recommended to confirm the reservation after obtaining the visa. If you are invited by someone, include the purpose, duration, the person’s commitment to your return, and your contact details. Also, provide a copy of the inviting person’s ID.
- Travel Insurance: Submit a valid travel health insurance certificate for the duration of your visa or provide a copy of the insurance card and policy certificate indicating coverage in Turkey.
Please note that these requirements are based on general guidelines, and additional documents or specific conditions may apply. It is recommended to consult the official website of the Turkish embassy or consulate for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the document requirements for a Turkey visa application.
Turkey Visa Photo Requirements for Afghan Citizens
To complete your application, you will need to provide two passport-size photographs that meet the following specifications:
Photo: The Coloured photograph.
Background: The background of the photographs should be white.
Recent: The photographs must have been taken within the last 6 months.
Quality: The images should be clear, in sharp focus, and of high quality.
Facial Expression: Your face should be directly facing the camera with a neutral expression.
Headgear: The photographs should be taken without any headgear, including hats or caps.
Spectacles: You should not wear spectacles in the photographs.
By ensuring that your photographs meet these requirements, you will fulfil the necessary criteria for the Turkey visa application process.
What Is The Turkey Visa Fee ?
The Turkey e-Visa fees for Afghan are as follows:
Normal Processing: $162 USD (2 to 4 Business Days).
Urgent Processing: $195 USD (24 to 48 Hours).
The processing time for the e-Visa is estimated to be 3 to 4 days.
What Is The Turkey Visa Processing Time ?
The normal processing time for a Turkey visa is typically 2 to 4 days. During this period, the visa application undergoes a thorough review and assessment to ensure compliance with the necessary requirements. It is advised to submit the visa application well in advance of the intended travel dates to allow for sufficient processing time.
For urgent situations, Turkey offers an expedited visa service with a processing time of 2 to 24 hours. This allows applicants to receive their visa promptly. The availability of the urgent visa service may vary based on the specific circumstances and the Turkish embassy or consulate where the application is being processed.
How Long Can I Stay In Turkey With A Valid Visa ?
- Turkey e- Visa Validity: The Turkey e-Visa for Afghan Citizens is typically valid for single entry and allows a stay of up to 30 days within a 180-day period. The validity period starts from the date of issuance.
- Extension of Stay: Afghan cannot extend the validity of their Turkey e-Visa while in Turkey. If they need to stay in Turkey for a longer duration, they should consider applying for an appropriate visa or consult with the nearest Turkish embassy or consulate before travelling.
Can Afghan Citizens Apply For A Turkey Visa On Arrival ?
No, citizens of Afghanistan cannot get a visa on arrival in Turkey. Afghans must apply for a visa in advance, either online or through the embassy.
How To Apply For The Turkey Visa At The Application Center ?
To apply for a Turkey visa at the application center, please follow these general steps:
- Gather the Required Documents: Before visiting the application center, ensure you have all the necessary documents ready. These may include your passport, completed visa application form, supporting documents specific to your visa type (e.g., invitation letter, hotel reservations), and any additional documents as required.
- Schedule an Appointment: Check the official website of the Turkish embassy or consulate to see if an appointment is required at the application center. If appointments are necessary, schedule a suitable date and time for your visit.
- Visit the Application Center: On the appointed date, go to the designated application center. Arrive early and bring all the required documents in both original and photocopy formats. Dress appropriately and be prepared to undergo security checks.
- Submit Your Application: Present your documents to the staff at the application center. They will review your application, ensure all documents are complete, and collect the necessary fees. You may also be required to provide biometric data, such as fingerprints or a photograph.
- Pay the Visa Fee: Pay the applicable visa fee at the designated payment counter. Accepted payment methods may vary, so it’s advisable to have cash or other accepted payment options on hand.
- Receive a Receipt: After submitting your application and paying the fee, you should receive a receipt or acknowledgment confirming your application submission. Keep this receipt safe, as you may need it for tracking your application status.
- Collect Your Passport and Visa: Once your application is processed, you will be notified by the application center. Return to the center to collect your passport and visa. It’s important to bring the receipt and any additional documents that may be requested for the collection.
Please note that these steps provide a general overview of the application process at the application center. The specific procedures and requirements may vary based on your location and the Turkish embassy or consulate where you are applying. It’s recommended to check the official website of the relevant Turkish embassy or consulate for detailed instructions and up-to-date information on applying for a Turkey visa at the application center.
What Are The Requirements For Minors For The Turkey Visa ?
The requirements for minors (individuals under 18 years of age) applying for a Turkey visa may vary depending on their specific circumstances and the type of visa being applied for. However, here are some common requirements:
- Passport: The minor must have a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond the intended duration of stay in Turkey.
- Visa Application Form: A completed and signed visa application form must be submitted for the minor. The form may require the signature of both parents or legal guardians.
- Consent Letter: In some cases, a consent letter signed by both parents or legal guardians may be required. This letter gives permission for the minor to travel to Turkey and outlines the purpose and duration of the trip. It may need to be notarized or authenticated.
- Birth Certificate: A copy of the minor’s birth certificate is often required as proof of age and parentage.
- Passport Photos: Recent passport-sized photographs of the minor must be provided as per the specifications set by the Turkish embassy or consulate.
- Parental Documents: The parents or legal guardians may be required to provide additional documents such as their passports, identification documents, and proof of relationship with the minor.
- Additional Documentation: Depending on the specific circumstances, additional documents such as a letter of invitation, travel itinerary, accommodation details, and financial proof may be requested.
It’s important to note that the requirements for minors can vary, so it’s advisable to check the official website of the Turkish embassy or consulate where you will be applying or contact them directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the specific requirements for minors applying for a Turkey visa.
How To Check My Turkey e-Visa Status ?
To check your Turkey e-Visa status, you must enter your application reference number in the relevant box. Enter only your email address and passport number if you need to know this number.
Your reference number is written in the email message they sent you. It is a combination of letters and numbers (as in A2C-B2E4). You’ll need the following:
- Reference No
- Passport Number
- E-mail address
- Security Verification
You now know a Turkey visa for Afghan residents, the requirements, and how to apply. You can now successfully apply for your Turkey visit visa for Afghan residents you can visit Turkey. Remember that you can easily apply for a Turkey visa from Afghan through www.evisa-tr.com
FAQs about Traveling from Afghanistan to Turkey
Yes, there are direct flights available from Kabul, Afghanistan, to Istanbul and occasionally other cities in Turkey. Several airlines, including Turkish Airlines, operate these routes.
Turkey offers different climates and attractions throughout the year. Generally, spring (April to June) and autumn (September to November) offer pleasant weather for exploring the country. However, it is recommended to consider your specific preferences and the destinations you plan to visit.
Traveling from Afghanistan to Turkey by land involves crossing multiple countries, and it may not be the most convenient or safe option due to geopolitical considerations and security concerns. It is advisable to check travel advisories and consult with relevant authorities before considering overland travel.
The local currency in Turkey is the Turkish Lira (TRY). It is recommended to exchange some currency upon arrival or withdraw cash from ATMs, which are widely available in Turkey. Major credit cards are also widely accepted.
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, there were no specific vaccinations required for travelers entering Turkey from Afghanistan. However, it is always recommended to consult with your healthcare provider or a travel clinic to get the most up-to-date information before your trip.
Traveling from Afghanistan to Turkey involves passing through multiple countries, and the safety situation can vary. It is essential to stay informed about the current security conditions, follow travel advisories from relevant authorities, and take necessary precautions throughout your journey.
If your mobile phone has international roaming enabled, you should be able to use it in Turkey, although roaming charges may apply. Another option is to purchase a local SIM card upon arrival, which can be more cost-effective for local calls and data usage.
Turkey is typically 1.5 hours ahead of Afghanistan. However, during daylight saving time, the time difference may vary due to different implementation dates or absence of daylight saving time in either country. It is recommended to check the current time difference when planning your travel.
Turkey offers a wide range of popular tourist destinations. Some of the most notable ones include Istanbul, Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Antalya, Bodrum, and the Turkish Riviera. These destinations are known for their historical sites, natural beauty, and cultural attractions.
While English is not as widely spoken in Turkey as in some other countries, you can generally find English speakers in major tourist areas, hotels, and restaurants. Learning a few basic Turkish phrases can be helpful for communication in other areas.
The emergency number in Turkey is 112. This number can be dialed for medical emergencies, fire, or police assistance.
Turkey has a rich cultural heritage, and it is advisable to respect local customs and traditions. Dress modestly, particularly when visiting religious sites, and remove your shoes when entering mosques or someone’s home. It is also polite to learn a few common Turkish phrases and greet locals with respect.
The packing essentials for Turkey would be similar to any international trip. Pack appropriate clothing based on the season and weather conditions of your travel dates, comfortable walking shoes, travel adapters, necessary travel documents, and any specific items you require for your personal needs.
Credit cards are widely accepted in major cities and tourist areas in Turkey. Visa and Mastercard are the most commonly accepted cards, followed by American Express and Discover. However, it is advisable to carry some cash for smaller establishments or places that might not accept cards.
Please remember that visa requirements and regulations can change over time, so it is essential for citizens of Afghanistan to verify the most recent information and follow the official guidelines provided by the Turkish authorities or consult with the nearest Turkish embassy or consulate.
How to Get a Turkish Visa for Afghans
Providing you meet the Turkey e-Visa application requirements, you can get a visa from Afghanistan in 3 steps:
Electronic Turkish visa requests are processed quickly. Most successful applicants receive the approved e-Visa by email within 24 hours.
Afghans who need a visa for Turkey urgently can use the priority service for 1-hour processing.